notification_important Select Dates and Guests to check availability
€ 371 EUR
£ 334 | $ 437
Minimum Stay: 1 night
Max Occupancy: 6 guests
pool Swimming Pool
ac_unit Air Conditioning
Please select your dates to check availability and obtain a price quote.
Managed by: Angela P
This property advert is syndicated through TripAdvisor
If you are the owner of this property, all bookings and reservations for this advert will go directly to your TripAdvisor account.
This advert is automatically syndicated and updated approximately every 48 hours.
You are not able to edit this advert directly on this website. Please administer any changes/edits using your account with TripAdvisor.
Beautiful villa in an astonishing countryside view
The villa is built in the traditional Neo-Romanian architecture specific for the area, in a superb location with a view over the country's biggest inner river, Olt. The property is bordered south and north by walnut and acacia forests and benefits from one acre garden with beautiful landscape. The villa has three apartments and could be rented either entirely or by individual apartments:
- The Studio is the smallest apartment, located on the first floor with a total area of 56 sqm comprising a bedroom, a living room area and a bathroom. The studio has exclusive access to a small loggia with beautiful countryside view. Suitable for maximum 2 persons for 80Euro/night.
- The Duplex is a two stories apartment with a total area of 100 sqm comprising a living room with fireplace, a kitchen, a toilet and a large terrace on the first floor and a bedroom and bathroom on the second floor connected through a nice wooden staircase from the living room. The terrace built in a traditional local style faces the river and the mountains panorama. Suitable for maximum 2 persons for 100 Euro/night
- The Retreat is a large apartment located on the lower ground floor with a total area of 120 sqm comprising a hall, a bedroom, a living room, a family room with fireplace and kitchenette and a bathroom with Finish sauna. The apartment has direct access to a large outside terrace. Suitable for maximum 3 persons for 120 Euro/night
In the villa’s garden there is a seasonal pool complimentary offered to the house guests, a large pond with an waterfall and a small river, surrounded by benches and a swing, a gazebo with couches and armchairs, a sitting place nearby a small waterfall, a BBQ (summer kitchen) area with a large dining table, an outside living room with a large fire place, an outside tennis table, darts, other outside games. There is a fitness room with performant treadmill and multi-gym available for a charge. Free sheltered parking is available for all guests.
The villa is located in one of the most beautiful areas in the country
- There are famous old monasteries to visit on an area of few miles of which most important are:
o Cozia (1387) with a museum exhibiting old art: old manuscripts and prints, embroideries and objects of worship. The monastery hosts the burial of Mircea I of Wallachia
o Hurez (1690) founded by Prince Constantin Brancoveanu, known for its architectural purity and balance and the richness of its sculpted details
o Curtea de Arges a very large and elaborate mausoleum, built in Byzantine style by Prince Neagoe Basarab
o Cetatuia (XV century) where Radu of Afumati, a ruler of Wallachia and his son Vlad were executed.
- There are wellness locations nearby:
o The salt mines Ocnele Mari is 10 mile away, situated at 225 meters above sea level. The saline aerosols inhaled in the mine treat various health matters, in particular breathing problems.
o Calimanesti and Olanesti resorts with thermal water pools, hydro therapy with sulfurous mineral waters indicated for the treatment of digestive and hepatobiliary diseases.
- There are several vineyards in the area which could be visited for wine tasting and traditional meals, for instance one owned by the family of Prince Stirbey for more than 300 years and regained after the communist era by his niece, the baroness Ileana Kripp-Costinescu
- One hour driving away is
o Tg Jiu, the hometown of Brancusi, one of the most famous world sculptors, author among others of The Endless Column, The Silence Table, The Kissing Gate all exhibited outside several parks where could be visited free of charge, and famous sculptures exhibited in various museums: Mademoiselle Pogany, Bird in Space, The Kiss (Philadelphia Museum of Art)
o Sibiu, one of the most important cultural centres of Romania and, in tandem with the city of Luxembourg, designated as European Capital of Culture for the year of 2007.
o Horezu touristic area with several famous monasteries (Arnota, Bistrita, Polovragi, Govora, Surpatele, Stanisoara), caves (Polovragi and Woman’s cave), gorges (Oltet - 2 km and Bistrita – 1.2 km), the Trove Open Air Museum (troves, or "growing rocks", up to 6 - 10 m in circumference).
o The two most spectacular cross-mountain roads in Romania, with breathtaking landscapes, astonishing serpentines, hairpin curves and incredibly steep slope, conveying the visitors through the majestic peaks of the Carpathian Mountains, the Transfagarasan (the most famous) and the Transalpina (the oldest, yet recently modernized)
For those who want to spend a relaxing time without travelling too much
• There is a summer kitchen on the property were guests could learn making bread in a brick oven or cooking traditional recipes. The villa has also a wine cellar with about 1000 bottles of wine from various regions of the country where wine tasting could be arranged for a fee.
• A pottery course and practice could be arranged for guests willing to spend a week in the location
SHARED OUTDOOR POOL UNHEATED
AREA FISHING NEAR
Minimum length of stay is 1 days
Change over day: FLEXIBLE
Minimum stay may vary by time of the year.
Smoking NOT allowed on premises.
No price indications
Select Dates to check availability
Daily rate from: 300
Weekly rate from: 2100
Prices are quoted in EUR
Monthly rate from: 9691 Euro